A progressive mental deterioration that can occur in middle or old age, due to generalized brain degeneration. Alzheimer’s Disease is the most common cause of premature senility.
A patient with Alzheimer’s suffers from memory loss and is at risk for developing dementia.
Alzheimer’s is caused by environmental and/or genetic factors.
Links to Authorities:
- The CDC recommends all adults get a seasonal flu vaccine every year.
- A tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap or Td) booster is recommended every 10 years.
- A shingles vaccine is recommended for those over 60 years old.
- A pneumococcal vaccine is recommended for those 65 years and older.
- Medicines and vaccinations must be monitored carefully in Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients to insure they are taking their medications on time and not doubling up.