A progressive loss in kidney function.
Patients with diabetes are at a higher risk of Chronic Kidney Disease. Additionally, patients with high blood pressure are at a higher risk of Chronic Kidney Disease.
Links to Authorities:
- The CDC recommends all adults get vaccinated against the flu every year.
- A tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap or Td) vaccine is recommended every 10 years.
- If you have CKD, ESRD, or renal failure, talk to your doctor about
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (prevents against pneumonia)
- Hepatitis B vaccine (especially important if you are diabetic or require dialysis)
- Zoster vaccine (prevents against shingles)